Sunday, December 30, 2012

Season Of Color by Kay Wyne

Season Of Color
18" x 18" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
I was looking at this painting yesterday at the studio, liking the color palette used.  I had mixed some beige/salmon colors and some greens that I normally don't use in my paintings.  The blues were mixed from ultra marine, cobalt and radiant turquoise. I was looking at the shapes and saw something new to my eye.  When I painted it, I was going for a contemporary landscape, with trees, river and sky.  Now I see a cityscape...with tall buildings and a road.  I think that is one of the neat things about abstracts-you can see what you want to see in them if you let your imagination go with it. Thanks for viewing this blog and the art posted.  Have a good day!  Kay at kay@kwyne.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment