Wednesday, January 13, 2016

New "Sky High" Palette Knife Aspen Tree Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley

“Sky High” ©2016 Niki Gulley
48" x 24” textured oil painting on wrap around canvas

In this painting, I wanted you to you to experience the joy of looking up into the treetops – just like you did when you were a kid. Lying on the ground, not a care in the world, you gaze in wonderment as the clouds drift by overhead. To accentuate that feeling, I chose this tall vertical canvas, giving you a sense of scale and perspective. Working with warm yellows, reds and greens and utilizing thick chunky sweeping strokes add to that childlike whimsy and I hope you are transported back to a happy, carefree time and place.

For more information on my textured palette knife birch and aspen tree oil paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

Or, visit NikiGulley.com to see more of my contemporary landscape paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment